Bravenet.com Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Google
WWW MUNDANE

September 22, 2008

Love is a many splendour thing...

The long awaited post...

As promised, some reviews on the mushy malay novel that i read for the last couple of months..

After Harajuku, next i decided to read on a true love story, Atas Nama Cinta written by Isa Kamari. I assumed many of us, especially the new generations have not heard about Natrah aka Nadra aka Maria Hertogh. The writer has 'illustrate' this mega love story between two mothers and a child name Natrah, in a very creative manner. It is totally based on facts, with a touch of beautiful emotions and touchy dialogues.

In short, Natrah is a dutch girl who lives with her grandmother and mother and her four siblings. during the Dutch occupations in Indonesia. During that time, where the locals were fighting to win back the country, her father was caught, left the mother who is not well and she has to take care of the kids herself. She then decided to giveaway Maria to Aminah. Aminah has no children of her own, so she was very pleased to take care of Maria, whom she named Natrah after that. After a while, Aminah brought Natrah to Malaya. Then her real parents started to look for her to claim her back. The trial took place in Singapore, and it had cause chaos amongst the locals and the 'matsallehs', due to religious issues. A very exhilarating real life story.. check it out in the wikiwiki here and you can even check it out in YouTube under Maria Hertogh. A history that we dont want it to happen again in the future... and yet we never learn.

Next is, Tunggu Teduh Dulu - Faizal Tehrani. This novel is about a very smart lady who wishes to become a very successful entrepreneur and a farmer. specifically papaya. In the process of building up the business, she has to also deals with mix feelings that she has between her two childhood friends who was in love with her and her family problems. It is very tough for her to satisfy everyone and at the same time manages her business. Upon reading this, i have actually gain massive knowledge of what kind of papaya, how it grows, what sort of fertilizer, the goodness of papaya et cetera...phew...made me eat papayas too ;-P. What impressed me is, the writer is a guy, and he actually managed to instill the 'jiwa' of a woman in the story.

Saga, written long ago by Abdul Talib Hassan way back in 1976. This novel was recommended to me by my other half. The writer at that point of time has impressed readers on his new way of writing, perfectly. I agreed. It is simple but elaborative in a very 'selamba' manner.It is a story of three good friends, two guys and one gal. It is again about the torn between two lovers thingy, difference is she is married to one of them. The trio went to a village to actually develop the place, and they have to face the 'village-political' challenges. Interesting. the writter, even produced Saga 2 and 3, which i have not managed to find, unless if i order thru the internet.

I wanted to read more, but reading all four love stories have made me feelin' 'stuffed'. So i have to postpone my intentions to read on A Samad Said's novels - which is 'heavier' and its not easy to get at the main bookstores. I don't plan to read the too-commercialized kinda novels. Have discussed my plot with the friend that asked me to write and to some others. Started...chapter one...

PEACE

11 Comments:

Blogger bluecrystaldude said...

I read Faisal Tehrani blog once. I am sure the way he writes is very nice. I think I will try to find his books the next time I go to bookstore :)

Oh, I also don't know about Natrah aka Nadra aka Maria Hertogh. Hehe

Tue Sept 23, 03:37:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

hehe..yeah..checkout his books...most of his books are about an illustration of islamic history and science fictions, this particular love novel is one of the rare one for him to write.

Of coz you know her!..yre one of the geniuses heheheeeee

Tue Sept 23, 06:49:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Faisal Admar said...

I always have difficulty to read those good novels. Sometimes I miss the points... guess English is more straight forward? I don't know or it is just me. But I have no problem to understand finance book written in Malay haha!

Tue Sept 23, 05:24:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

Yeah english are more straight forward, that is, for some..but if i try to read shakespear or tolkien..i give up hehheee..Reading this novels makes me realize how beautiful the malay language is..;-P

and uh oh..i think i have problems reading finance in malay hehhee

Tue Sept 23, 09:54:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Abdullah Pantaier said...

read that saga long time ago. even though I can't really remember the story, I remember that it is one of the great novel that I read. From great author.

Thu Sept 25, 01:30:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger muadzlife said...

i like SAGA...:)

salam aidilfitri..

Fri Sept 26, 11:38:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

Mr Don: AGreed...good story good author..if you have read any very good malay novel, suggest to me ya

Eylla: hehe...me too...salam raya ;-)

Fri Sept 26, 04:19:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Rya M said...

neo, tell me why im dizzy after reading this post wei?

heheheheheh ..........

Sat Sept 27, 11:20:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

me dizzy too..posting this entry hahahahhahhh..tapi sudah promise..kene buat gak hehe

Sat Sept 27, 10:15:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did research on Nathrah case for my assignment last semester, didn't know there's a novel about her story. Thank you for reviewing the book, gonna get my hand on it as soon as I can. =)

Sat Oct 18, 03:32:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

hi dyana,,welcome! yeah go get it..worth it!

Sat Oct 18, 08:49:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment Post a Comment

<< Home