Bravenet.com Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Google
WWW MUNDANE

May 27, 2008

eyes widely shut

Who says our public transport is reliable???

It has been a while i have not taken the public transport, was exclusively depending on it and i felt i had enuff of it...tho it is cheaper, abiding it, is a major issue for me as timing is the factor...

Last week, a very good friend of mine asked me for a favor. So, i agreed to leave my kids at her place ( at around 1300hrs ) , and take the public transport to her workplace in Bukit Bint@ng. Reason being, is that we can go to some places together from her workplace with her car.

At around 1315hrs, I parked my car near the Gi@nt bus stop ( nearer to my place ), i decided to take a bus that goes to the nearest LRT station. After 10 mins, i hopped onto a bus. Got to the station ( so far so good ), still deciding whether i should stop at Dang Wangi station and take the monorail to BB ( which i have to walk for a bit - considering i was still having the 'hangover' after the play, if not, i really dont mind walking ) or I go to KLCC and get a bus from there to BB ( less walk ). So while i was still deciding, i paid to stop at the Dang Wangi station. While in the train, i decided to stop at KLCC instead hehe..

At the KLCC bus stop, i looked at the 'signage' ( a white flimsy board, written with marker pen - at KLCC bus stop!!! a tourist spot! *roll-eyes*) and it says the R@pidKL bus number 103 goes to BB. ( eh berapa banyak stop daaa.... )

After about 5 minutes, 103 came. Felt so happy... buttt....thank goodness i asked... the driver said, "this bus is not going to BB, Ttwangsa only". I sulked ( wondering what would happen if i did not inquire ). After a while i asked the group of the R@pid employees who is sitting down doin' nothin', 'chatting rapidly'. One of them said, "wait for the next bus", without lookin' at me. I almost punched his face, but of course i wont do that in public lah kan. So after about anotha 15 minutes ( i was already feeling very restless, my 'hangovering' mode was at its peak, (this is what happened when i cant say no to a dear friend) and keep wishing i should've stopped at Dang Wangi's station or at least have a book to read ) came anotha 103..haaa..felt relief...i asked again, anddd..." ooo this bus is not going to BB" I was like, WHATTTTT DA FEFFFFK!!!!....

I went to the group again and asked them annoyingly, and one of them say, when you look at the digital sign at the front upper part of the bus, if the word Ttwangsa is above the Bukit Bint@ng then it is not going to BB, I was like, Oh wow! why didnt you tell me earlier and how am i suppose to know that! and why did they even bother to put da f#$^&kin Bukit Bint@ng on it! ( well of course i didnt say that out loud - just the face expression ) DAMN... ! @#$%^&

I was already very tempted to take the cab, but i remembered the last time i wanted to go to the Weld from KLCC, they wanted to charge me ridiculously, rm5, without using the meter ( jam , they say ). So, to avoid another confrontation....i decided not to... it is not about the money..

After another 15 minutes, came another 103 ( duh..i hate waiting ), and one of the guy in that group was giving me the sign that i can take that bus.. well...finally, i couldnt be bothered now which location is above which location ( they better be right, or people will see me shouting at the bus driver. who have seen me shout? *wink* ).

Including the normal jam infront of Concorde, i 'conclusively' arrived BB at 1430 hrs, ..still put on my cheerful face to her ( thatttt's me! ) altho... it took me like 1 hr 15 minutes to get there... i should've take the cab... it'll cost me double..but thats beside the point..

and you said our public transport is reliable....if i were an adventurous tourist, it'd be a great 'venture'.... I wonder what does the transport minister or whatever related ministry do when they go to England or Japan ( leisure eh.. ), they could've thoroughly study and adapt the public transport system efficiency, instead of just building roads, and collect toll money. Cant they see the cost effectiveness, when jam is lessened due to the effectiveness of public transportation...

oh well..it was one of those days....

PEACE

19 Comments:

Blogger mad redo1 said...

there is nothing much you can do if before stepping onto the public transport the mind is already trying to find faults, kan?

what to do, makan burger king lorr... hehehe...

Wed May 28, 06:10:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

errr... i wasnt actually tryin' to find fault, like everyone else i just wanna get there smoothly using the pt. Initially thinking of the conveniences and have faith on it. theres indeed so much things to do about it.

Craving for mushroom saute at hillside cafe in b.a., wanted to bring a good friend there that day, but there was nothin' much i can do about it hahhahhah

Wed May 28, 09:21:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger muadzlife said...

yes indeed..

tu blum kita the the illegal drivers from seberang..huh!!

Wed May 28, 11:40:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

illegal drivers????!!!

Wed May 28, 12:28:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Amy said...

Fuh kak nomee kalau saya sure berasapp kat situ...amy dah tak ingat bila zaman last naik bus, sure blur kalau nak naik bas sekarang, kena make sure which number arrive where.

Wed May 28, 07:30:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

heheeehee... u can check in the internet to make sure..that IF u ever wanted to get onto a public bus lah hehe...

Wed May 28, 08:53:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe good experience eh? i plan to do that as well, try the LRTs, the buses, the what not, me never been on a public transport, except for a cab, and hey who said its reliable??? very dodgy laaaaa!

Wed May 28, 11:40:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Moomykin said...

Since I started driving I can no longer stand standing at a bus stop. Felt like time was really wasted. I'd hop on a cab anytime.

The only other time I took a train (trains) was for the fun of it with hubby and the boys, coz they like trains. Now we have not done that for a long time even coz hubby hates the congestion at Mis-valley station.

But I have taken the bus to Singapore with my boys and my mom. They love the double decker bus.

Thu May 29, 02:40:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

smurfet: dodgy to the max ! dont have to torture yreself unless theres actually zero choice..ada lah this good friend of mine who insist that it is actualy reliable..not even a KLian

kin: singapore, no doubt is very efficient. Train is fine lah..but i do heard some encounters where the train broke down lah..this kah that lah

Thu May 29, 03:38:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Siti Blogger said...

Aiiee? I thought only foreigners take public transport in this country? Kidding!!!

Thu May 29, 11:22:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Neeza Shahril said...

if only those minister ever.. ever take public trasportation (which I really doubt so), then they know our problem...

Myself - sanggup ambik cab walaupun mahal sikit sebab takut sesat.. lagipun I'm not familiar with the LRT, commuter, bus route kat KL tu..

it'll be different if I know the route. memang cab di KL charges us like nobody's business... especially kalau orang yang tak tahu ni.. sesuka hati tak nak guna meter...

Thu May 29, 12:24:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

NiN - heheh..u thot wrong heheh...foreigners took the bumbungless double decker KL hop in bus that has wifi in it ..heard of that? heheeee

neez: of course they dont! who dya think they are!, some bunch of weirods hahahaaaa.

Charging one thing, i encountered horny cab driver also laaa.... scary and atrocious!

Thu May 29, 01:20:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Nomee said...

Aiyo Kak. Boleh sakit jiwa lah. I once took buses to go back on Saturday (working half day ma..). Itu pun staff I yang ajak. Since ada orang lain yang tau jalan, I thought, okey lah boleh belajar balik pakai PT. It took me 2 hours to reach home which is supposed to be 20 minutes drive only. Isk!

Thu May 29, 03:58:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

Itulah dulu when i took PT exclusively i make sure i have a novel with me ahahahah

Fri May 30, 12:22:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger bluecrystaldude said...

I am not much a traveler (by using a public transport in Malaysia), never had to do it I guess. Each time I went in KL, usually my parents or my aunts and uncles and my big brother will fetch me to whatever my destinations are. But, of course, you're the first person who said that somebody else said "public transport is reliable". For God sake, who they're trying to fool!

And now, the price oil has gone up 78sen per liter. And they want us to "change ur lifestyle", "use public transport" and don't eat rice. WTF! You know, London's public bus transportation is so frequent that you aren't afraid to miss one. Paris' buses are not that efficient (but at least it has a digital board that will tell you how many minutes the next bus will stop) but their metro (kinda like subway) is very very much reliable.
(that included the fact that I can't understand French and all the signs are in French)

Every few blocks there will be station. Even when I when to Singapore and try their MRT (same as LRT) is good than us. I shall stop condemning our country here. hehe (karang orang cakap tak patriotik plak.. bek duk luar negara dari duk Malaysia etc). But that is a fact! Nak naek kan harge, tp tak pikir betul2 dulu. development smua tak rancang betul2.. bukan nye tak suka malaysia, cume we can do better!!!!!

Sat Jun 07, 01:38:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

ohoho ok that is long hehehe

That is why i dont understand and it is just the matter of planning and execution. They are obviously lazy to even thoroughly think about it. Because they themselves didnt take the public transport. And of course in order to execute, redtapes. and while waiting for all the so call procedures, nothing much is done.

It is time to change!

Sat Jun 07, 01:12:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Faisal Admar said...

Sometimes I think about going to work with bus (only if mom and sis are not working due to MC or on leave). But I'm afraid of punctuality. I do not want to be late, but do you think the bus driver care? I just wish we have train in Penang which work automatically and this would give a promise that I won't be late?

Hopefully.

Sat Jun 14, 12:28:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

k.gee...kt pn tencen bl nek transport awam lorr..
ade one time ni, i hav to go to uitm, nk submit report (br lps xcident, xde transport,huhu..) supposely appoinment at 4oclock, so 1230 tu p ktm kt nilai. tggu ktm nk smpi dkt sejam, around 1320 la. ok lg. after tat smpi kl central kol 1410 (klu xclap la). next kn nek rapid kl, tggu punye tggu, kol 1530 br grk dr kl central(TENCEN!! plus panas sgt!!). around 5 la br jmp lec..huhu..cdey!!

Mon Jun 23, 04:22:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

hehe..byknyer shortform words hehehe..yah c how very 'convenient' our public transportation is..

Thu Jun 26, 08:13:00 am GMT+8  

Post a Comment Post a Comment

<< Home