Bravenet.com Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Google
WWW MUNDANE

April 23, 2007

Nossy nose

Last Wednesday, Amar has done it again..

I was beginning to cook lunch at around 3pm ( we had late breakfast ) and suddenly I heard Amar was crying...at first i ignored - coz he always likes to scream over a small matter - but this time he came to me crying with his finger in his nose and said " Mummy ....plastecine.."( a modelling clay I bought for Ayska to use for her art class in school )

OMG ---- I was panicked.... tried to look into his nose...tried to pick it out at first - but his nose starts to bleed... I was horrified - and he was sneezing and crying..i felt no air coming out from the left nostrils - while panicking I was actually hoping it will come out together with the mucus - well nothing came out...

Called my other half who is not in town... "...please get him to the clinic and let me talk to him"
He managed to convince Amar to go and see da doctor , earlier he was screaming refusing to go to the clinic.

Went to the clinic - by now he stopped crying...Doctor look into his nose with somesort of handy mini microscope..and sure enuf the doc says that there are 'foreign-body' and i have to bring him to a hospital and she will write a letter - I chose Selayang Hospital. The hospital, she said may have the suction thing and Amar must not eat anything 6 hrs before they do any procedure. I went out from the docs room thinking....

I looked at the watch..its 5 pm...me and my kids are mega hungry... we have to eat, I asked weather i could just go the next day.. as, if i go now... you knowlah public hospital - the waiting and "confirm-warded" and i dont have enuf cash for me to just bring him to the ENT clinics... Doc said; ok but Amar cannot pick his nose and must be in constant observation..by me..

ok then...lets go for lunch..I said to my kids

Had chicken rice - everybody is eating 'viciously'...

On the way back home - I was telling Ayska that she has to throw the plasticine and no more plasticine in the house again and no other little little things like beads in the house too..Amar has this habit to put stuff in his nose - about a year ago he actually put in a small bead ( i dont have any idea where that came from) - we were horrified also that time... we left it in his nose for a night..and Thank God the next day we managed to pick it out..

As we reached home - Amar says" Mummy..rasa macam dah takder dah la plasticine dalam hidung" ( felt the plasticine has gone)
" Are you sure? "
" Ha dah takde dah"

I looked again in his nose - cant really see...press his nose..felt the breathing..hmmm...theres air..

" Did it fell off just now? "
" Tak tau"

I checked again - it seems that the nostril is cleared

I assumed either it fell out or it went down his throat while he is eating/drinking...
However... I monitored his breathing ... its back to normal.. Thank Goodness

..but still..stressed out...

"Ayska!!..have you thrown the plasticine"
"Yes..."...sadly
" No more plasticine in the house you hear me"
" Ok...but you bought it "
Ughhh " You wanted it lahhhh..."
" Yaaa...okayyyyy"
" Amar!..the next time you put anything inside your nose..I vacuum your nose ..nak??!!"
" Tak mauuuuuuuu"

...screaming again.....

blughhh



PEACE

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Ummi said...

OMG... nasib baik lg...ish3
kids kan,mcm2...
but i remember one time la...my sis kene asthma at 2am, kene g ER (hosp. selayang gaks).ade girl ni (i think around 2-3 yo) crying...parents dia muka pucat je.then i dpt tau...that girl got jarum peniti in her nose.ouch~
dunno what happened to her...

Mon Apr 23, 12:50:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

eeek... another thing i have to put away ( well i do hide those things from their rach )
My little boy ni memang 'creative' sikit also very 'experimental'- the other two girls relax aje...maybe bexcoz his lefthanded ;-P

Mon Apr 23, 06:11:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Amy said...

Aduih la, panik pun ada, nak tergelak pun ada bila baca entry you.. Amar, Amar...aduih kids ni kan? Kalau I yg jadik mother, sure i nangis dulu sbb i cepat panik..nasib baik Amar dpt mommy cam you :P

Mon Apr 23, 09:08:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Ummi said...

amar lefthanded ??? like me! patutla...amar, amar...

Tue Apr 24, 12:03:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha..whenever my kids do that, I rub cili padi on their hands as a lesson. Thank God your son is okay but things like that can be scary.

Anyway, I'm tagging you this time. Click on my name and tell me what animal you are.

Sat Apr 28, 02:20:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Siti Blogger said...

Sheessshh!! Scary!! That's it... my kids will never get the chance to main playdoh till they're old enough to go to college!

When my younger bro was about 4-5 yrs old dulu, he had ubat gegat in his nose. He found it in an old suitcase my mom jemur and tried to smell the thing. Zupp! Got into his nose, too deep for my dad to dig out so had to go to clinic. Dr pulled it out with this special tweezer while he (my bro, not the dr. hehehe) screamed like hell...!

Mon Apr 30, 03:30:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

ummi: hehe patutlaaa heheheee

amy: panic jugal actually - tapi if i panic the more that little guy 'panicker' laaa - cannot create double jeopardy hehe

JFS: never tried those chilis - kesian plak - i psycho them je
alamak - difficult gak this tag -will try

NiN: alamak ubat gegat - been there done that , but not inside nose he ate it laaaaa - gelabah gila - jenuhla cuci mulut dia

Wed May 02, 05:36:00 am GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amar wat aunty flora nangis aa... ishk2.. notinyer budak cumil ni.. ishk2....

Thu May 03, 10:17:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Moomykin said...

It's ever an adventure with our kids isn't it? Never a dull moment! I pray my kids will not give me heart attacks like these!! The one thing I pray is that they will never break a bone.

-phek kin

Tue May 15, 04:44:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

yo kin! - aiyaaa,,,didnt know u have a blog laaaaa..checkin out checkin out!!

Mon May 21, 03:02:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger neomesuff said...

munger - itulaaa..behind his cute mask

Mon May 21, 03:03:00 am GMT+8  

Post a Comment Post a Comment

<< Home